Monday, March 6

Results, results, results

I love this excerpt from the Sunburst Marathon FAQ:
Where can I see results?

As with any fitness program, you'll see results....Just kidding!


Ha! It's so funny.

But official results from the Little Rock Half-Marathon are now online.

I'm going to blow some of the semi-anonymous nature of this blog, but let me tell you, I came in 766th place and 84th in my age group. :)
In Memphis, I came in 2,292nd place.
But I'm just being silly. And almost everybody who reads this blog knows who I am anyway. It's just fun to be semi-anonymous.

If competition matters at all, it is competing with myself. But as I read somewhere recently, no two races are the same. Different courses, different weather, different everything really.

But I am proud of the improvement in my time. In Memphis I ran the half-marathon in 2:19.41. In Little Rock, my time was 2:10.32.

Unfortunately, I also had to use the bathroom during the race in Little Rock and my porta-potty stop cost me at least 90 seconds. (It's nice to be a man and have the ability to pee standing up though.) If I had just emptied my bladder better before the start of the race....

Ahh, but if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Anyhow, I had a goal for 2006 of running a 10K in under an hour. I also had a goal of running a 5K in under 30 minutes and that was taken care of last year. I met the 10K goal on Sunday in Little Rock, but it wasn't really measured. I do, however, have a plan for an upcoming 10K.

2 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

OK, just a little bit more silliness. I was just looking at the results again. I found out that I came in second for male runners from my city in the half-marathon. I also came in next-to-last for male runners from my city in the half-marathon.

If I had made my goal of finishing in under two hours, I would have been the fastest person from my city to run the Little Rock Half-Marathon this year. Maybe that's one nice thing about living in a relatively small town. :)

March 06, 2006 9:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, 10 minute pace. That's not bad!

Maybe I'll do the Frisco with you. I may do the half though, over the 10K. Not sure yet.
Definitely not ready for marathon yet though.

March 07, 2006 8:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home