Friday, March 31

An easy 20 minutes

So my alarm clock this morning was set for 7. But I woke up before 6.

I was a little groggy but I couldn't bring myself to go back to sleep. So I went downstairs and got the paper and I just caught the desire to go to the Y and get in a quick workout.

I told myself 20 minutes, only 20 minutes. It had to be an easy day because tomorrow I've got the big run planned for 18 miles.

It was a good quick workout. But tomorrow is another mountain.

Interesting asides:

On the way to the Y, I saw a car with a bumper sticker that read: "Actions speak louder than bumper stickers."

Listening to my I-pod while working out, I heard Bob Marley's song "No woman, no cry." I remembered what I found out not so long ago. The message of the song isn't the drunk anthem, if it wasn't for women, I wouldn't be crying. No. That's not what Bob is saying. It's more, No woman, don't you cry. And that's a much more uplifting message.

At least, that's what I and I say.

2 Comments:

Blogger R said...

It's more, No woman, don't you cry. And that's a much more uplifting message.

That's what I always thought it meant...

April 01, 2006 1:07 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Well that's because you're a woman.

April 01, 2006 1:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home