Wednesday, March 29

Fighting women's cancers

My friend Rebecca is raising money to fight women's cancers.

Rebecca's currently getting her Ph.D. in poetry or literature or something like that at UC Irvine.

As Rebecca started her grad school career, her best friend Margret Lavine was fighting ovarian cancer. Margret died on Sept. 13 2002.

For the last few years, Rebecca has participated in the Revlon Run/Walk for Women as a way to honor her friend's memory.

Obviously, I think it's an awesome endeavor and you should support Rebecca. (Also, my mom was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago and I know she's lucky to be a survivor.)

Rebecca's goal this year is to raise $2,000. You can click here to donate money to fight women's cancers.

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Thanks for the post... if you go to my individual fundraising page, there should be instructions on how to donate off-line, too (I thought there were but then you said there weren't... I'll go check.)

March 30, 2006 10:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home