Sunday, March 26

10K dreams

So, I was thinking about the 10K I didn't run this weekend and how much I'd like to do one.

I had a goal of running a 10K in under an hour this year. I know I ran the 10K in Little Rock that fast, but there was no 10K split. There was a 6.8 mile split. I reached that point at 1:04:09. (In Memphis, there was a 6.2 split. My time: 1:05:57)
Interestingly enough, that's faster than I finished the 10K I did last November. My time was 1:05:27. And that was only my second 10K ever and the first one where I ran the whole way.

Anyhow, I did some internet searching and found the results for that first 10K I did six years ago. My time was 1:09:20.

I hadn't trained particularly well for the race and wound up walking for a portion of it and then sprinting to the finish line. But that was a sad deal since it just showed how poorly I'd prepared.

Anyways, I'm thinking about returning to Wichita this year. The race is Saturday, May 13. There is still that goal of finishing a 10K in under an hour. But that doesn't interest me as much as it used to. I don't have any doubt that I should be able to do that. I do wonder though if I could take 20 minutes off my time from 2000. That's a little bit more in line with a mystical quest.

We'll see how my running goes between now and then. I think possibly I could do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home