Wednesday, March 22

Spiritual running

I saw a book in the store recently: Running the Spiritual Path by Roger Joslin.

Interesting concept. I mean, I don't particularly pray well when running as I posted a day or so ago. I don't meditate too much on any one thing either. My mind more or less just wanders.

It's pretty much one step after the other. Am I going too slow, too fast? This feels about right. And usually a phrase repeats itself in my head, a line from a song or something.

I was running on a short street called St. Mary's on Saturday and so I prayed the Hail Mary.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

I'd have to admit that I personally began my running practice for purely physical reasons, then only gradually came to appreciate the spiritual elements of the run. Now I have to admit that I go out every morning, and cover 3, 4, or 5 miles. But while I may be running, I'm also meditating, communing spiritually, and communing with the divine.

Although it's really hard to write about these experiences in a way that will make sense to others, I'm taking a stab at it. Please feel free to join me and add your thoughts and experiences at http://meditationontherun.blogspot.com/.

Jim

July 09, 2006 4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home