Wednesday, February 22

Take it easy

I'm wondering what I'm doing? Why have I been keeping this blog?

It started as a record of my training for a marathon, a marathon I'm now registered for. I used to send e-mails around to three friends with the subject line "training update." And now this.

But I hate to think of myself as a blogger. Hardly anybody reads this blog anyway.

The two most common searches that bring people to my blog are badonkadonk and bumaye.

Badonkadonk being a reference to the Trace Adkins song and an embarassing story I told about running in a half-marathon in Memphis last year.

Bumaye comes from the phrase Ali Bumaye - Ali kill him. A chant that runs through my head sometimes, especially when I'm running on Kings Lane.

Lately, several internet surfers have come looking for info on one of my favorite movies . That's Cool Runnings! I wonder how much it costs on dvd.

I'm not really sure what I've got to say that's of value to anyone in this format. I try to run and train basically. That's it.

I don't know. Maybe I'll keep blogging, maybe I won't. Right now I think I'm going to take a break.

4 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Funny, I remember having this conversation about my blog... what do you want from a blog? Stardom? I checked your site meter, and about 8 people read it every day.

Do you log every run here? Or just some?

February 22, 2006 5:17 pm  
Blogger bl said...

I definitely don't want stardom from this blog. Heck, I don't even say who I really am.

I don't log every run here either. Just some.

I guess part of the issue is that what I want, I can't get from a blog. So is having a blog taking time away from getting what I want? Or does it not matter?

February 22, 2006 5:37 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Despite cheap shots at Al Gore, the Chicago Tribune has a good editorial on the future of blogs.

Meanwhile, I still ponder the future of this one.

February 23, 2006 8:23 am  
Blogger R said...

I guess, if it's not important to you, then don't bother with it. I was just wondering if it really was a good log of your running--if it was, then maybe you should keep it until the marathon. If not... and you have some other running log you keep, then you could delete it. I like reading this blog, but then, I used to have more emails from you, so as long as I hear from you one way or another, it's good.

February 23, 2006 11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home