Saturday, February 18

It's about fun

So I woke up this morning and turned on the radio. I heard the host talking about Lindsey Jacobellis although I had no idea who she is. Apparently it had been all over the news that she got the silver medal because she showboated and fell.

This guy on NPR was going on and on. Finally he quoted Jacobellis. She said she was just having fun. Falls happen. No big deal.

I wish people could just focus on that. I mean I'm sick of hearing people talk about how Olympic athletes are failing to meet their goals and live up to expectations.

It seems all these commentators forget they're the Olmypic Games. They're supposed to be fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

The New York Times has an editorial where they get it right.

And what's up with anybody who would say: "I didn't feel my aura. Inside I was black."

February 19, 2006 10:51 pm  
Blogger R said...

hey, did you notice you posted this at your birthday time?

February 22, 2006 5:12 pm  
Blogger bl said...

I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out. thanks.

Very interesting.

Just a coincidence.

February 22, 2006 5:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home