Wednesday, January 25

Black Folks Grocery Store Bible Trivia

I interrupt all this talk about running to talk about Hebrew Names.

Here's a sentence if you want to stay focused on marathon training: pancakes are a good source of carbohydrates.

OK, here's what I learned today and trust me you don't want to know how. It would bore you.

Jemima is a Hebrew name meaning dove. Jemima was actually Job's first daughter born after his trials were over.

Now I don't know if you learn something new everyday, but I'm betting you didn't already know that.

Jemima is a perfectly good, beautiful name. But thanks to the syrup lady, I can promise you that you're also not going to meet too many black women called Jemima.

3 Comments:

Blogger R said...

I learned this morning that Abel means "breath"

January 26, 2006 1:25 pm  
Blogger R said...

hey, your link says she was his oldest after his time of trial...

January 26, 2006 9:12 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Thanks for noticing that. I've updated the blog with a correction.

January 27, 2006 5:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home