Sunday, January 22

What fourth amendment?

There's an old saying, you're not really paranoid if people are out to get you.

It has a corrolary: you're not really paranoid if you grew up as a black man in America.

Really, it's sad but true. I think things are changing, but unfortunately, the experiences that shaped me when I was growing up and my parents before me are already done.

Now I'm not going to write about how I get a little nervous when I hear helicopters while I'm running (I mean, my life isn't like that scene in the movie Grand Canyon.) But I do sometimes get nervous running around here in my city that's nearly 90 percent white.

So today I'm running down a relatively uncrowded street when a white pickup truck just stops in the middle of the road. Then it goes into reverse. I notice this.

The truck pulls even with me and ...

I'm slightly tempted to do acliffhanger ending here like my friend the reacher did recently.

But no, I'll just tell you, it was a friend of mine in the pick up truck. Who? Click here.

See. No worries. It's a good thing running keeps me from getting too worried about things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home