Wednesday, January 18

No worries

Everybody seems to be worrying about me.

This morning I walked into the Y and the girl behind the counter expressed her concern as I worked with my semi-frozen fingers to take off my gloves and get out my Y card.

"How far do you run to get here every morning?" she asked.

I explained that I live about a block from the Y so the distance varies every day.

She responded that she was a bit concerned because everyday I come in covered in frost.

No worries I said. Today's run was a new route, a variation on an old one and I probably covered about five and a half miles.

The reason I tell you about the girl at the Y's concern is because it meshes with a theme of blog comments I've been getting recently. (Not comments posted to the blog, but things said in conversation or in personal e-mails.)

People are concerned. Some of the blog posts lately have been depressing and sad.

I'm sorry about that. I don't mean to be a downer. I don't even mean to write sad posts, but just about things that are going on in my life. Mainly in my running and the mental preparation for the June 3 marathon.

But I'll keep this feedback in mind. And I promise you a fun post coming up witha title something like "Marathon Badonkadonk "

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

When is the Little Rock half?

January 18, 2006 4:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home