Saturday, January 21

Books, books, books!

I just finished Gary Mack's book Mind Gym a couple of days ago. It was great and I recommend to anyone who wants to improve the mental aspect of their workouts.

Now, I'm reading another book about sports psychology.

But one of my goals for the new year is to read at least six athlete biographies/memoirs this year. I've got several around the apartment right now:

Pound for Pound : A Biography of Sugar Ray Robinson by Herb Boyd and Ray Robinson

It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life by Lance Armstrong and Sally Jenkins

"... And a credit to his race;": The hard life and times of Joseph Louis Barrow, a.k.a. Joe Louis by Gerald Astor

Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner by Dean Karnazes

Determined to win : the overcoming spirit of Jean Driscoll by Jean Driscoll, with Janet and Geoff Benge.

The Tao of Yao: Insights from Basketball's Brightest Big Man by Oliver Clyde Chin

I just picked up The Tao of Yao at the library today and it looked like it might be fun. We'll see. Do you have any recommendations on good biographies of athletes? Let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home