Monday, January 23

self-medicating with sushi

My neck has been hurting me lately.

Maybe it's because I ran about 10 miles on both Friday and Sunday. That's 20 miles in 3 days.

Maybe it's because I threw some pretty intense weight lifting and cross training into the mix on Saturday.

Maybe it's because I've been stressing about all sorts of things.

Maybe it's because I've been sleeping funny.

Anyhow, I decided that the answer to my problems, partially at least, had to be to relax more. And while sitting at home here I thought to myself, what could be more relaxing than a nice meal. And sushi came to mind.

So I walked down to the nearest sushi restaurant. I love the cosmopolitan diverse metropolis I live in.

Anyhow, as I ate the food, I felt the tight muscles in my neck loosen up a bit. I remembered how the last time I'd been in that restaurant, it was because I was incredibly congested and I thought some wasabi would really hit the spot.

And tonight, as I enjoyed my sushi, I thought, "This is good."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home