Thursday, December 1

Spirit Stations

Well, here I am back in Tennessee again. Although this is my first time in Memphis.

I picked up my number and my chip today and I'm pretty excited about the race.

They've not only got water tables, but they've also got cheering stations all along the course with entertainment. Belly dancers, Elvis impersonators and female Beatles impersonators and lots of other stuff.

That never happens when I just leave my apartment and go running. I mean I can't remember the last time I saw a belly dancer while I was out running.

Oh, but I had some ribs tonight. My hosts took me to Corky's and I couldn't resist. It was OK. But I think Crosstown is just as good.

Anyways, I figure I'm under 36 hours from racetime. I'm excited and nervous.

Hopefully all will go well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jody Bilyeu said...

Allow me to cheer from my table: Run, ocho, run!

December 01, 2005 9:59 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Thanks Jody.
I'm less than 24 hours from race time. I've got a computer chip affixed to my shoe. Worrier that I am, I worry that the chip will come off my shoe and I won't get a time. That would be horrible. But there are things that could be worse.

Anyhow, this time tomorrow I should be almost done.

December 02, 2005 9:49 am  
Blogger bl said...

By the way being back in Tennessee reminds me of this wistful couplet:

Once I had a girl on Rocky Top,
Wild as mink but sweet as soda pop.
I still dream about that.

OK, maybe not exactly a couplet, but you get the idea.

December 02, 2005 9:50 am  
Blogger Jody Bilyeu said...

Restore line two:

"Half bear, the other half cat."

And you got yourself a quatrain.

Couplets are nice, but once in your life you need to pull a quatrain.

Sorry.

December 02, 2005 2:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home