Thursday, December 22

Notre Dame Stadium

Greetings from South Bend. I've learned that I've been taking my high-speed wireless internet connection in my apartment for granted. Ah dial-up.

But, no matter. Here's an important Christmas break update for you.

First, an aside: tonight I went to a new open mike poetry event here in South Bend. As often happens when I read poetry, the crowd loved me. One lady asked me if she could buy my cd or my book. Unfortunately I have neither. (I should talk to Jody Bilyeu.) Not that I've thought that much of being the person from out of town who comes in and says, "I've got product. And normally it sells for $10. But for you, tonight, one night only, the special low, low price of $9.99"

Anyhow, here's the point of this post. On the way back home I drove by Notre Dame Stadium. I know most people when they think of Notre Dame Stadium think football.

But I was thinking of my New Year's Resolution.
I was thinking of the Sunburst marathon.
I was thinking of the race that ends on the 50-yard line.

And I was visualizing myself finishing strong.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home