Monday, December 12

Marathon photos or next time I will ham it up for the cameras

So, my friend Rebecca mentioned recently that there are no photos on this blog.
And specifically no marathon photos.

There are several reasons for this. One, I don't know the coding for that yet.

But two, when Rebecca mentioned that, I hadn't yet gotten an e-mail saying that my photos were ready. Well, once I got that photo, I decided that I wasn't about to post these photos even if I could. I didn't find the photos particularly flattering.

I mean, my shorts are all bunched up and I look a bit like I'm in pain. The more I look at the photos, I kind of grow on myself. I'm not doing too too bad. I really felt kind of good and I know when those photos were taken, I was moving pretty fast, all things considered.

But if you go to Rebecca's blog and find the photos of her running the Las Vegas marathon, she looks about like a model or somebody from a Nike ad. (I can't get permalinks to work for her blog but the photos aren't down but so far. And everything on Rebecca's blog is pretty cool.)

So, this is what I learned from Rebecca: "if you're not mugging for the camera, the default when you're running is not "normal"-looking, it's gonna be pain. Whether you were actually in pain or not. And I don't like photos of myself where I look like I'm in pain. You can tell enough by my form that I was struggling pretty hard, no need to add to it."

And "normal-looking" for me is pretty close to pain anyhow. So when I run that marathon in South Bend in June, whenever I see a guy with a camera, it's going to be SHOWTIME!

~~~~
By the way, if you've noticed a theme in the names of some of these posts, well, yes, I did like those Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons as a kid. Maybe I liked the titles as much as the cartoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home