Saturday, December 10

The Jingle Bell Run or goals, goals, goals

So, dedicated readers of this blog, all three of you, know that I had a goal of running three races in three weeks.

Well, as Gomer Pyle used to say, "Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!"

I ran the Jingle Bell Run 5K today.

One of my goals for next year was to run a 5K in under 30 minutes. I did that today. Just barely. The finish line was around a corner so it took a while before I saw it. But when I first saw the clock, I think the numbers were at something like 29:45. I was running as hard as I could at the time, but I went even a little bit harder as I realized my goal was so close.

I'm sure the official results will be on the web sometime soon, but I'm pretty sure I went through the finish line around 29:55.

So my new goal is to finish a 5K in under 30 minutes without so much huffing and puffing.

1 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

The official results are in. I finished the race in 29:52 running a pace of 9:38 per mile.

December 13, 2005 1:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home