Thursday, December 8

The comedians

I saw some beautiful things during the half-marathon. It was good.

I heard some interesting stuff too. I suppose Memphis isn't quite as crowded as Chicago.

But the thing I'll remember the most is the man at the beginning who said, "Crying! Crying! There's no crying in running." That was a stunningly good Tom Hanks impersonation. It soon became clear to me that comedians were running nearby.

They were amazing. They told funny jokes. They ran pretty fast. They stopped and took pictures of themselves with lots of different backdrops. And they kept going.

After I finished the half-marathon, I went back to say with my friend Marlon. Marlon lives along the Marathon route and I went out to cheer people on. I saw the comedians go by and they were looking good.

I've heard that walking for short periods is one way to conserve your energy and finish a marathon. I guess stopping to take photos and goof around periodically is another smart tactic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home