Tuesday, December 6

Viva Las Vegas

I don't know just how many marathons and half-marathons were run last weekend. But I do know that I ran one (a half) in Memphis and my friend Rebecca ran one (a whole) in Las Vegas.

Besides the requisite distance, the other similarity in these two races? That's right. Elvis. We were both running with the King.

They were playing some Elvis song over the loudspeakers before the start of the race in Memphis and there were Elvis impersonators along the course.

I read that Muhammad Ali was also at the starting line. And couples could pause briefly in the middle of the marathon to get married or renew their vows.

But I digress. The point of this post is simply to say, "Congratulations" to Rebecca for completing her second marathon on Sunday in Las Vegas.

Way to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

(yvwcf)

Thank you. Thankyouverymuch.

Great job on your races!

December 07, 2005 5:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home