Thursday, March 19

Toenails

I seem to have misplaced my toenail clippers.

My longest run so far has been five miles. I'm getting back into the swing of things slowly.

But one thing I've noticed is that I haven't clipped my toenails in a while. But running is forcing off the tips of the big toe toenails in jagged ways. I almost feel like that X-men superhero wolverine. These toenails are sharp now.

Anyhow, my current neighborhood is very hilly so that gives me the opportunity to get a good workout out of even short runs.

5 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Toenail clippers are fairly cheap. Once one of my roommates kept losing his nail clippers, so he kept buying new ones. Then, one day, he happened to look in the junk drawer in the kitchen, where he found all four pairs... our other roommate had kept putting them away there.

March 20, 2009 4:09 pm  
Blogger bl said...

My toenails have been clipped.

However, I realized the other day that it's a bit amazing that I even have toenails and that they look as good or as normal as they do.

I remember when I had my Peace Corps physical, the doctor looked at my feet and specifically my toenails and mentioned that I clearly had the toenails of a marathon runner.

However, my toenails now look average and ordinary. I don't quite have the feet of a runner anymore.

March 22, 2009 11:05 am  
Blogger R said...

What do marathon runners' toenails look like? Well-trimmed?

March 24, 2009 9:49 am  
Blogger bl said...

Well, when I saw that doctor, many of my toenails were missing. Some were black.

March 24, 2009 12:45 pm  
Anonymous Cherie said...

By now I have lost my toenails and am merely waiting for them all to grow back....the day when I can find a reason to BUY clippers will be a gleeful one. Sigh. For now, I just callus the ends of my toes :( One is actually still BROKEN from a year ago after I ran Boston on a broken toe......and it doesn't hurt, but I'm sure the entire appendage will be funny-looking for years to come!

February 09, 2010 7:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home