Tuesday, October 16

Exhausted

Here's a quote from the Hal Higdon post-marathon training plan I linked to a couple of posts back:
Are you caught up with your rest? Before the marathon I told you to make certain that you went into the race well rested. Running 26 miles 385 yards also can serve as an energy drain. Particularly the first several days after the marathon, you may feel you need several hours more of sleep a night. And you do! But you may remain sleep-deprived for longer than several days, maybe even several weeks. So don't schedule any all-night Friday parties yet.


I have been so tired lately. Much more so than after my first two marathons. Perhaps that's because of the heat. Perhaps it's because I immediately hopped on a plane and went to a conference. Perhaps because the conference was so packed with informative and mentally taxing sessions.

I've just been exhausted though. This is a lesson. In the future, marathons need more rest planned after them. They need to be vacations, at least for me.

Also, we should plan a party. Maybe not an all-night party, but still a party. My apartment is kind of small and not really suited to that sort of thing, but maybe someone with a house...

3 Comments:

Blogger Vajra said...

You are so inspiring. Guess what? I'm thinking of training for a marathon. The idea has me pretty revved up. Jon is going to create a plan for me.
Wow.

October 17, 2007 1:29 am  
Blogger bl said...

That's exciting.

Good luck and let us know which marathon you choose.

October 17, 2007 8:56 am  
Blogger rslight said...

I dare you to pick Chicago.

October 17, 2007 7:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home