Friday, October 12

Asics - phrase of the day

After the marathon, my shoes were shot. The rubber on the bottom was completely worn away. I didn't realize they were that far gone.
So all I have for running right now is a pair of trail shoes. And I think it might be nice to go out to a trail to run on, maybe tomorrow or later today depending on when I leave work.
Anyhow, instead of just picking up what they had at the running store, I ordered some shoes from Amazon. We'll see how this goes.
I ordered a pair of Asics, the first running shoes I bought once I got started and the shoes I ran my first marathon in. I've tried the rest...
Anyhow, I found a fascinating story today with a phrase about how Asics got started and where the name comes from.
The name, an acronym, derives from “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano”, a Latin phrase expressing the ancient ideal of “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body.
I think I like them even more now.

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

The meaning of Sanoodi:
Sanoodi / sanu. / shortened from the French ca nous dit, “we really feel like doing”


Asics is cooler.

October 12, 2007 11:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home