Wednesday, October 10

Training Logs

I started using a training log in 2006, after one came with my new subscription to Runner's World. Around that time, I also started calculating the mileage of my routes using the g-map pedometer. Sometime around the end of 2006, I started using Sanoodi.com to map my routes, since that site would save my routes. The advantages are that sanoodi will calculate your pace, and calculate your mileage for the week (this feature sometimes doesn't work properly). If you run with a friend who also uses sanoodi, only one of you needs to map it--the other one can just take that route and his/her own. If I had a GPS, I'd be able to upload information about my runs from it. I like sanoodi, especially the friends function, but the site tends to be pretty slow about fixing any problems it has, so I've been wondering if there are better sites.

Do other people on this blog use on-line training logs like this? Which ones do you use? Why do you like them?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger bl said...

I also use a running log that came with a Runners' World subscription.

I need to get better at adding more detail to my entries, but its' part of my growth as a runner and what I want to get out of it.

One of my goals for this year is to run further than I ran last year since I now have a fairly exact record of it.

I'll go get my logs and update you on that sometime soon.

October 10, 2007 9:43 pm  
Blogger Papalamour said...

Hi Poetic feet

Sorry for the silence over at Sanoodi, there aren't many of us and we have been flat out his summer working on putting together v2. We have a big juicy release and redesign coming through in November. If you have the time and inclination, it would be cool if you could use the beta once it is up and live. We could do with some objective, experienced stateside feedback!

October 12, 2007 3:12 am  
Blogger R said...

Cool to know that there will be some updates... although I don't care about GPS phones as much as being able to add points to the middle of a route, or being able to edit previously saved routes instead of just being able to edit the date of a run to show that I ran it again.

October 12, 2007 11:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home