Saturday, August 11

A poetry promise

So, I've been at the national poetry slam and I've heard some good poetry. But I've also felt that I haven't heard anything much better than what I can do. Not anything much better than what I can do if I actually get disciplined and do it.

So in addition to writing for my job and running hard I pledge that for the next year I will share a poem I've written or a poem I love on this blog at least once a week.

The poem by me may be a draft in some unfinished stage, but I'm going to try throwing a lot more ideas and images out here and working harder to memorize and soak up more language. What I feel most after being here is hungry to share my poetry with other people and to actually do poems that I feel represent what I can write.

Get ready for some mind-bending words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home