Sunday, March 18

Staying the course

I got a finisher's certificate in the mail last week for the Rock'n'Roll Arizona marathon. And also a letter from Tim Murphy, founder and ceo of Elite Racing. It was one of the best letters I've seen in some time on racing and running. Here's an excerpt:
We know it was an especially chilly day in the "Valley of the Sun" this year - the coldest in 17 years as a matter of fact. However, there are always obstacles to overcome in racing, and in life. Finding the time to train while balancing a hectic work and personal schedule can be an enormous challenge, and just making it to the starting line healthy and injury-free is a feat in itself. So whether you set a PR, or barely covered the distance on race day - you stayed the course, and crossed the finish line. And we hope you are proud of what you accomplished.


As I look back, the training wasn't easy. More than once I wondered about the wisdom of what I was doing. But I more than barely covered the course. I set a PR. And right now, I'm thinking about the possibility of running another marathon in 2008. Right now, though, I just want to make it out of 2007 healthy and in decent physical and mental shape.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vajra said...

House is quiet
She is napping
Walk to park when she awakes

March 18, 2007 4:20 pm  
Blogger Vajra said...

http://grasshopperfactory.com/cbc/leading-a-community/#comment-14430

This is an interesting post on leadership, which I think you might find useful.

March 18, 2007 4:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home