Sunday, November 19

Quote of the Day

I just read a great article from Runners' World (don't know how old it is) about Lance Armstrong's New York City marathon run. It was really nice because it included some of the tips that his pacers gave him while he was running. Thus it's linked so if I want to go back and re-read it I can.

I enjoyed this quote: "Although, right now, I feel that I'll never want to do this again, I do reserve the right to change my mind in a few months. This was a very special day, and I'll never forget it."

Particularly because it reminded me of this Frank Shorter quote:"You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming."

Frank Shorter. I thought it reminded me of an Emil Zatopek quote, but I guess I was wrong. I can't google the Zatopek quote I was trying to remember so I must have been conflating it with something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home