Sunday, October 1

Focus

I continue to be confused by my foot. Still slightly swollen but I'm able to run pretty well on it.

Anyhow, the thing I need to do right now is get focused. Go to sleep at a good time, get plenty of it and get up ready to run. I need to try harder to eat well too.

I'm working on improving my plans for my next marathon. Last Sunday I ran 16 miles. In a couple of hours, I'll have started on an 18-mile run with two other runners, Cherie and Jim. Next week 20? We'll see.

And I've made plans for the races I want to run between now and the race.

Oct. 7 - 5K - small race with a pancake breakfast to follow.
Oct. 14 - The Sunshine Run - guaranteed to be a fun, big race.
Nov. 4 - Maynard Cohick Half Marathon
Dec. 2 - St. Jude Half-Marathon.
Jan. 14 - Rock N Roll Marathon in Arizona

I could think about what they say about the best-laid plans but I tend to focus on that old sports truism - failing to plan is planning to fail. Thus, we'll see how it all goes.

I'm starting to get excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home