Monday, September 18

Quote of the day - Celtic pride

I've just finished reading Bill Russell's Russell Rules: 11 Lessons on Leadership From the Twentieth Century's Greatest Leader.

One statement was almost a throw-away comment without a lot of elaboration, but it really said a lot to me. It highlights the fact that we need to work to create situations that allow us to do our best and enjoy where we are. Here it is: "After I die, I cannot go to heaven. Because after leaving the Celtic locker room, anywhere else is a step down."

Celtic pride is what the book is all about - creativity, listening, decision making, integrity, craftsmanship, invisibility, etc... It's been a really good book and I'm glad I read it. Especially the part on the power of invisibility. That's how you make someone think he can't beat you even when you're not around, how you influence what happens when you're not on the room or on the course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home