Saturday, September 16

New 5K PR!!

I've got a new 5K PR, shattering my old best 5K pr time.

The previous best was 28:36, achieved on Feb. 4, 2006.

Today, I ran a much better race. My new pr, achieved in the In Like a Lion 5K is 25:45.

Tbat's almost three minutes faster! My goal was 8 minute miles or a 25 minute 5K. I know I can do that. The pace was 8:19 miles and I know I can go faster. Now, I've just got to find my next 5K to aim for, fit it into my marathon training schedule and continue getting faster.

But I definitely had a great race today. Special thanks to my friend Mark Schiefelbein who helped pace me in the race this morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vajra said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you took some time for your foot to heal. And btw how is your foot?

September 17, 2006 12:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think the camp affected your training for the better?

September 17, 2006 11:51 am  
Blogger bl said...

How is my foot? I don't know. It's still a little swollen, but I can run about as fast as I can run on it.

I'm taking it easy and not running completely all out or training too hard, but I am running some.

I wish I had a better answer for you. I wish I liked my doctor better. I feel like it would be a waste of time to go see him so I'm just going with the feeling that since it doesn't hurt too bad, I'll try and rest and ice it periodically and the swelling will go down soon enough.

September 17, 2006 1:12 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Did camp affect my training for the better?

Absolutely. I may expand on that later, but I haven't even really started applying everything I learned in camp because life here is so hectic. But I learned so much it's amazing.

I hope I can fit it into my schedule to get back again next year.

September 17, 2006 1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home