Sunday, August 27

Rain, rain

It's raining today. As always when it rains, I want to go outside and run. I love running in the rain when the water mixes with your sweat and your shirt is soaked and you splash around a little bit. But I've committed myself to not running this week until Friday. I will intentionally work hard to not work out hard and let my foot/ankle/whatever heal itself.

I could go outside walking or go to the nature center and hike. But something about walking in the rain isn't quite as joyful as running in the rain.

I really noticed the rain today while I was in church. Kind of sad to see the rain and now I wouldn't be running in it today. But there was a nice song at the end of church, reminded me of the Hot'n'Hilly. It was called Sing to the Mountains.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cherie Kail said...

Brian, I got a whimsical notion this morning in church to write one about being crucified. I'll share it with you tomorrow. And a few more that might be decent. I ended up jogging maybe 30 minutes today with much pain. No more of that til maybe wednesday. Argh! We've got to try trail. Frisco Highline???????
The rain was supreme. The slam will be too, I have a notion. I really like your marathon slam. Don't forget the tears at the end and the harsh
conditions you endure in training! Those are building blocks for whatever else you will ever face in this life!

August 27, 2006 11:14 pm  
Blogger Cherie Kail said...

Oh, I need to remind you to bring Richard's book to the next Tuesday get-together :) It certainly wasn't everything he made it out to be, not the juiciest book I've ever bitten into!

August 27, 2006 11:15 pm  
Blogger bl said...

You take it easy on your foot now.

August 29, 2006 7:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home