Saturday, August 26

Hot'n'Hilly

The Hot'n'Hilly 10K was today. I had a goal to at least get a pr which would have meant finishing faster than 56:37. This was not the course or the day for that to happen.

My foot's felt a little funny the last two weeks so I think I'm going to take some time off running, focus on Thursday's slam and cross-training in the weight room and on the rowing machine mainly.

But mostly I'll take some of the time from running and focus it on getting ready for the poetry slam. You may consider that redundant. I consider it part of my overall focus. There are some great comments up about one poem I'm planning on doing.

Other pieces are coming along. I remember watching the documentary SlamNation and Saul Williams said something about how when you think too much about winning, you lose your focus.

It also reminds me of something Cherie said before the race this morning. She talked about how she loved looking at the faces of the other runners. Some looked relaxed. Others looked deadly serious. I felt way too nervous today and I probably didn't get enough sleep. All in all, it was a pretty beautiful course. Hopefully my next race will be better.


---update----

The race results are now online. I should say congratulations in the blog to my friends and training partners Cherie who placed first in her age group and Mark who placed well in his age group.
Meanwhile, I've just got to train harder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home