Tuesday, August 8

The next slam and the blood of Christ

I was checking out my links on the sidebar and I noticed that the Well Fed Head has updated their slam site. You can see a picture of me from back before my new aerodynamic haircut.

The next slam will be Aug. 31. Slam fans can probably expect to hear a poem about being out of breath in New Mexico's Sangre de Cristo mountains.

Small detail. I know that I did not actually run in the Sangre de Cristo mountains last week. It's poetic license. I was in other nearby mountains. And I was definitely out of breath, gasping for air at very high altitude. And there's something about mentioning the blood of Christ in a work of awesome literary power.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cherie Kail said...

I once hiked the Sangre de Cristo range in Westcliffe, Colorado.....Horn Peak. I remember distinctly a peculiar marmet (SP?) and recall walking among the clouds. For a moment, in the mountains, it's just you and God atop the peaks and you can do nothing but embrace the power of nature, the power of your soul, and the power of God in his omnipotent glory. Few feelings match or even come close, but when you get there, it's very distinct.

August 08, 2006 12:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On his album HEARTS AND BONES, Paul Simon has a song of the same title, "Hearts and Bones". Your post regarding the Sange de Cristos made me think of it, and I know how much you like listening to music, all types of music. If you get a chance you should dowload it and listen to it...

August 09, 2006 9:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! JW wants to let you know that your long run at the Santa Fe Ski Basin is smack-dab in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains--so you ARE authentic!

August 09, 2006 9:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home