Saturday, July 8

Thoughts on Progress

My first race ever as an adult, the Wichita River Run 10K in 2000 did not go well. I walked a portion of the way and that sprinted to the finish.

My second race, five and a half years later was much better although the time wasn't. But I did run that race all the way. I didn't have a big kick at the end, but it was nice not to run out of gas on the course.

And really, I was just starting to get moving. And I had a big goal, not a fast goal. To run the Memphis Half-Marathon. I did that and it was nice, but it was only half of my real goal. To run a marathon. I've done that.

Now, I'm hungry to go faster. I had two speed resolutions for 2006. To run a 5K in under 30 minutes and to run a 10K in under an hour. The first goal I achieved in late 2005.

What should my goals be know? A 5K in under 25 minutes. What else? I need to do some thinking on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home