Tuesday, July 4

My first trophy

Happy Fourth of July!

I ran a two-mile race today and it was great. I got my first trophy. My friend Mark noted that the field was pretty small and we might get trophies by default. Ha! My friend Mark ran the race about two minutes per mile faster than me. But he was correct in his prediction that we would place in our age group.

I came in second in the 30-39 age group. Unfortunately, no one came in third.

But still, I ran a good, hard race. I did the first minute in 8 minutes exactly. The second mile was somewhat slower, but still respectable. (The official time was 17:16. Incredible slowdown for the second mile, but still nothing to be too ashamed about.)

I'll post my exact time later, but I'm happy with this result. What a 4th of July! I think later on, maybe after 7, I'll go and run about six miles or so for the fun of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home