Wednesday, June 28

Mile repeats

Today's topic is mile repeats.

The marathon recovery plan I'm following prescribes has me doing mile repeats.

And today I did them at my 5K pace. That means I ran a mile at my 5K pace followed by a quarter mile of running/easy jogging. The only question is what is my 5K pace.

The easiest way I knew to do this and get in a hard workout was to do it on the treadmill. And my 5K pace was 8 minute miles. I've never done a 5K that fast but it worked out pretty well today. I finished and had a good time.

This is thrilling for me. I'd love to do a sub 25 minute 5K. This helps reaffirm for me the idea that it's possible.

What a great workout I had today. Not to mention that I ran twice today. A quick two miles in the morning and then these three mile repeats. It was a very satisfying workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home