Wednesday, June 21

POETRY SLAM!!!

The second Well Fed Head poetry slam is tomorrow. The Summer Solstice Slam.

I've got to defend my title.

Here's a preview of the first round:

Fireworks, fireworks fire works
full-time, overtime, part-time.
Fire works three jobs
And volunteers on the weekend.
Fire my role model
Burning, burning, burning and earning.
I feel fire in my bones.
I see flaming ice cream cones.
In my eyes I see my goals.
Aqui estamos a la copa mundial.
He shoots. He scores.
Goal! Goal! Goal!
The crowd goes wild
for fireworks, fiery words
firing squads and dictators
handcuffs and blindfolds
12 men pull the trigger.
Shots are fired
but yet the mother fucker lives.
The shot is wild
and he's thankful
for wild shots, buckshot and wilderness
burning and churning
wildfires, wildfires, and forest fires
can you see the
forest and the trees?
Please, please, please.
Go to the fireworks with me.
Make some fireworks with me.
Fireworks like the bomb on that terrorist's head.
This is love.
Fireworks like when I touch your hand.
This is love.
Fireworks, fireworks, fireworks
like when I kiss your neck.
This is a labor of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home