Saturday, May 20

The race time

Well, today's 5K was fun. It was also hot. And for various reasons, I didn't run it all that fast.

But this whole business of not running as fast as little kids and people twice my age, well, what does it matter. As I said after the Wichita River Run, I was only racing one person. Myself.

But it also reminds me of a blues song that I enjoy. Click here for the lyrics. Here's the first verse.

Some folk built like this, some folk built like that
But the way I'm built, you shouldn't call me fat
Because I'm built for comfort, I ain't built for speed
But I got everything all the good girls need


I'll also have to go back and check out that website where I found the lyrics. Gotta love a site that has the phrase And they shall beat their swords into guitars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home