Thursday, May 25

9 days

9 days until the race.

The extended forecast on weather.com has a high of 76 and a low of 55 for June 3.

I was up later than usual last night. Watched The Big Lebowski with some friends. And so I had a white Russian. Long time since I had one of those drinks, but it was very appropriate for the movie. Personally, I've always preferred black Russians. I've been hoping to meet a black Russian for a long time. (Dated a black German once, but that's a different story.) Of course, what are the chances of meeting a tall, attractive, single black Russian woman in the city where I live now. I mean the odds probably aren't but so high in Moscow. But here it's got to be rock bottom. Maybe the odds a bit higher in Chicago. I'd bet even higher in South Bend. (I only had one drink last night, yet I wonder if I'm still drunk this morning.)

I digress. I'm going to go run 2 miles on the treadmill because I need to wake up this morning. I'm definitely not drinking coffee the day after I drank vodka.

And I declare today that I'm not drinking any alcohol again until I've finished the race. I need to make sure that my body is primed to compete at peak condition. Of course I'm only competing with myself. But I want to win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home