Sunday, April 2

Reasons

So, I've been thinking I need to compile a list of reasons why I am training to run the marathon. (I've also been thinking I need to make as many sly allusions to Earth, Wind & Fire songs as possible. ) And I suppose I just like lists also.

Anyhow, this will be a bit of a work in progress. We'll see how many posts it takes me to get to 26.2.

1) I made a new year's resolution to run the Sunburst Marathon on June 3. I'd like to follow through.

2) I've seen middle aged men who look like they're pregnant. And I'm talking about people almost as tall as me. I don't want to be that out of shape when I get even older than I am now.

3) The whole lift weights, eat lots of food, have big bulging muscles thing just wasn't working out. No matter how much weight I gained, it was mostly lean muscle that people didn't really notice. One of the drawbacks of having a long frame.

4) Running a marathon is somewhat of a mythical adventure. It dates back to ancient Greece.

5) Running a marathon is somewhat of a mystical adventure. Maybe I'll have visions. I prayed quite a bit near the end of that 18 mile run recently.

6) Running in the mornings is more fun than hanging out in smoking bars at night.

7) So far, I've gone farther than I might have thought possible a couple of years ago. I'm surprising myself.

8) I may not have huge muscles, but I do have rippling abs. OK, I apologize for being shallow.

9) I like setting goals and working to achieve them.

10) It's nice to see how far my own two feet can carry me.

10.2) I want to see just how far I can go.

11) I want to increase my endurance.

OK. I'll work on some more reasons there will be another installment to this list soon. Heck, I didn't expect to roll out 11 just like that.

I hope your running is going well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home