Thursday, April 6

Drenched in sweat

Today I woke up too late to go running for the second day in a row.

But as I was leaving work, it was still light out. The bean soup I had for a late lunch as pumping energy through my veins and I felt like working out.

I got home and changed quickly. It was getting dark fast and severe weather was in the forecast so I hopped over to the Y and go on a treadmill.

I saw a girl I knew in the stairwell and her shirt was so wet it was see-through. (Yes, she was wearing a sports bra. Get your mind out of the gutter.) I asked if she'd been in the pool or if that was all sweat. All sweat, she said.

I suppose that was a bit inspirational. I'd only planned to do about 3 miles or so when I got on the treadmill. I hopped on and did 5 miles at just under a 9 minute pace with the machine set to a 1.5 percent incline. Near the end I was a little worried about keeping my pace up and staying on the treadmill, but I was able to do it.

Today's run brought the satisfaction of a workout where I couldn't have given but so much more. It was a great feeling. Although I was a little hungry when I started and ravenously hungry when it was over.

And my shirt was drenched in sweat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home