Thursday, April 27

About that poetry slam

Let me tell you about the slam.

So, as with any competition, you know, it would have been bad for me to say I expected to win. Although I did. And that's a horrible feeling because you really can't control it.

But I wanted to do my best and I got frustrated when I flubbed a few lines. But I tried not to show it. Be smooth. Be cool.

And then I was really amazed at how good the other poets were. And I was struggling to convince the judges to give me the best scores possible.

And the math. There was so much math in figuring out the scores after the high score and the low score were eliminated.

But yeah, I am the Slam Champion. I'll read/post something for you sometime.

And I've got to write some new stuff so I can defend my title with style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home