Thursday, April 20

Another tough day at work

So yesterday was another tough day at work. A lot of people have this idea that running helps deal with stress. But that's not really the case when you're so confused, frustrated and exhaused you don't have time to grocery shop and to eat. I wish I could say things aren't that bad, and really they aren't when put in perspective. But I just feel beat.

I went to my Quotable Lou book for some insight. Here are a couple of thoughts from Coach Holtz:

"We are always faced with different challenges, and circumstances necessitate bringing out the greatness God puts in all of us."

"When a difficult task comes your way, accept the challenge joyfully. Once it is finished, plead for more."

Accept the challenge joyfully. When it is finished, plead for more. That sounds like an ideal situation. I just have to wonder if the challenges I'm facing at work are fair challenges?

2 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Sorry to hear it was a tough day... I think it's worth facing up to challenges, but also keeping a long-term perspective: how long is this job going to be like this? If it's not worth it, find something else... and if it'll get better after a few more days/weeks/months of challenges, maybe it will be worth it.

April 20, 2006 9:04 pm  
Blogger bl said...

Hopefully next week we're up to full staff and things get better.

Today started off in a strange way. Related to what happened last night, I got an apology from the boss.

Then not a couple of hours later, an ambulance came for someone in the office. Let's just say I think she's doing better but that's always frightening.

It puts things in perspective.

Tonight there was a poetry event I wanted to get to but I left the office hours later than I expected to. Although lately my expectations are low.

Next Thursday there's a poetry slam. Hopefully I'll be able to participate in that.

April 20, 2006 9:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home