Sunday, April 23

12 miles

I ran 12 miles today. All things considered, it was a pretty slow run. But considering my allergies and my goals, I'm glad I went the whole way. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow about these allergies and I'm planning to run 20 miles next Saturday.

I don't know if I could have gone 20 today, but I had a pretty tough workout yesterday.

Speaking of which, I thought about that nice trophy my little brother got while running today. It reminded me of the piano lessons I took when I was younger. I was about my little brother's age, maybe a little younger, when I was riding the bus back from school one day and I heard a girl mention how she got a trophy for playing the piano. I already had some trophies for basketball and baseball and I thought this would be a good way to add to my collection.

Boy, was I wrong.

Imagine if I had asked my parents if I could go run a 5K. I probably could have gotten a lot more trophies that way.

Anyhow, today was a good day to run. The only way it could have been better would have been a nice steady downpour. I ran 12 miles and I was happy with the effort I spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home