Sunday, March 19

Trouble with prayer

So, I have trouble with prayer. I don't feel I do it particularly well though I do try. Sometimes while running I pray, but invariably my minds wanders. I get distracted. I never really say amen. Interesting to start a prayer, but not finish it. Am I really praying even though I've forgotten it while my legs were moving?

Anyhow, this morning I was reminded of a trip I took last year to a monastery in Hulbert, Oklahoma. It was an interesting Lenten excursion. Don't know when I'll go again to someplace like that but it was quite the trip.

One of those things where even though I have trouble with prayer, I can be around people who make it the whole structure of their lives and see a little bit of a different world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home