Sunday, March 19

What about love?

A couple of weeks ago, I finished Lance Armstrong's memoir It's Not about the Bike. It was a good book and got me pumped for going out running and pushing through pain. It also helped me understand chemotherapy, something that I was relatively blissfully ignorant of - even though my mom went through chemotherapy as part of her cancer treatments.

Anyhow, the strangest thing about Lance Armstrong's book was the chapter about his wife, Kik. That's because it was written when they were very much in love but as I read the book, they'd been divorced for at least a couple of years. The whole thing makes me wonder about love.

Anyhow, while searching the internet earlier today, I found an article she wrote about her first marathon . It was a strong piece of writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home