Monday, February 27

Not quite springtime weather

This Saturday I had a pretty decent run, especially considering that it was only 40 degrees. Of course, only is relative. The temperature has been going up and down relatively wildly lately. And I've been so stressed out at work I've mostly been running on the treadmill to make sure I don't get too far away from home/work in the mornings.

Saturday I noticed the big difference from the treadmill and running outside. The wind. Whoo, the wind blew hard on Saturday.

I only intended to go about four miles but I turned down some roads I'd never been on before and the whole run turned out to be about 7 miles. Not too bad. It felt pleasant except at the end when my fingers started to feel a tad frozen.

Absolutely no leaves on the trees, but a good run none the less. Running outside has really got me feeling more in tune with nature as I longingly wait for the leaves to return and more birds too.

Now, of course, I'm trying to get ready for Little Rock. I'm looking forward to getting away for a weekend. According to weather.com, the low in Little Rock this weekend will be 46 with scattered thundershowers. That shouldn't be too bad. I hope it's a nice pleasant downpour during the race.

Anyway, I'm excited. My goal is to have fun. Hopefully, I'll at least be able to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home