Tuesday, January 31

Watching CMT

Watching CMT this morning, I had a thought: Who knew that Gretchen and Garth were country names? Not me.

Watching CMT on recent mornings, I've been disgusted by an ad for a product that gives you rippling abs with just a "90 second workout" everyday. One, it sounds too good to be true. But two, 90 seconds a day. The concept of a 90 second workout just doesn't sound right to me.

Then at the Y this morning, I saw lots of commercials for amazing diet pills on the television. Yeah. Amazing diet pills. That disgusts me too.

4 Comments:

Blogger R said...

well, to be honest, I bet my abs would look a lot better if I spent 90 seconds a day on them... 'cause now I spend much closer to 0 seconds a day on them.

January 31, 2006 11:12 am  
Blogger bl said...

Well, yeah, but your ear hurts. And I'm sure your abs are fine. Plus you run long distances.

this ad was saying the only workout you need to do all day is pull this little dealie out and do a 90 minute workout while you sit on your butt and watch tv.

it made me furious that they would sell crap like that.

January 31, 2006 12:50 pm  
Blogger R said...

my ear does hurt. AND I had to go to a meeting. how tragic.

The main problem with all these gimmicks is that it's not that hard to get really amazing abs... the hard part is getting rid of that layer of fat on top of them...

January 31, 2006 5:02 pm  
Blogger bl said...

One way to get rid of that layer of fat, of course, is to go running.

I've lost over 20 pounds in just about half a year.

February 05, 2006 7:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home