Saturday, January 28

No such thing as a rainy day

This may sound sad, but on Friday night I went to sleep around 9 o'clock. It is sad in a way.

But anyway, today, on Saturday, I got up around 5:30 or so, wastead some time, checked the internet to see what the weather was like and then headed out the door to go running around 7. Actually I checked the weather to gauge the temperature. One thing I could tell just by looking out my skylight or listening. It was raining.

I love running in the rain, although it had been many months since I'd had the chance. And a summer rain is one thing, but a cold freezing January rain would be a completely different issue. Fortunately, the temperature was in the mid-40s and I headed out the door.

I tell you, it's so much better than running in place in the shower. Partly because there's the whole slipping and falling thing and the shower nozzle only has such a limited spray...

But really, I love to be wet. The rain started and stopped several times while I was out there. I remember several years ago a friend of mine told me how runners love running in the rain and your body just work better. He even said that cars run better in the rain. At the time I thought he was crazy. But now that I've gotten out and had some fairly long runs in the rain, I agree completely. Well, I'm not sure about the cars, but I love running in the rain.

It's kind of like that Tiger Woods commerical where he says, "there's no such thing as rainy day." I don't know what he was trying to sell, but I know the feeling.

It's as if you don't sweat when the rains coming down.

2 Comments:

Blogger R said...

i fell asleep at about 9 the other day, too. Kyler and I had been working, and I went into my room to get a tissue, and then Kyler was waking me up...

January 30, 2006 10:46 pm  
Blogger bl said...

But it's not that I fell asleep at 9.

I went to bed at 9 on a Friday night because the idea of going out alone was so depressing. It just sometimes feels like there's absolutely nothing to do here and I get depressed.

But if nothing else, running is something to do. And so instead of partying late on a Friday, I've started running early on Saturday mornings.

Sometimes I still get lonely about where I'm at.

January 31, 2006 7:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home