Wednesday, June 4

BEAT JIM IN 08

I've had a good six months of racing. I scored a three year PR in a 5K, a WAVA PR in a half-marathon, and an actual PR in a marathon. My marathon time qualifies me for the 2009 Boston marathon and I have qualified for the 2008 New York half-marathon.

Despite these pleasing race times, every one of you who has toed the line with me has beat me in at least one race. You know who you are.

My birthday is July 12th which falls on the date of the "Y Not Run" five and ten kilometer race at Highland Springs. I hope all of you can join me for a pizza lunch early that afternoon. I have not planned where to meet but I have set aside funds to treat the group. You are also encouraged to bring a significant other.

3 Comments:

Blogger rslight said...

Heck, after qualifying for Boston, folks should be treating you to pizza.

June 04, 2008 11:12 pm  
Blogger MS said...

I'm there, no matter who's treating who.

June 07, 2008 11:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, please give me a call....I'd love to come have pizza and run! right after the PP 50k, right before the tornado alley 110...it'd be nothing short of an honor!
I will bring brownies :) You are an icon in your own right!

cherie 417 830 0274

June 12, 2008 10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home