Wednesday, May 21

The Kyrgyz Republic

Today I accepted an invitation to serve the Kyrgyz Republic through the Peace Corps.

This is very exciting. I don't know what sort of internet access I'll have, but I'm looking forward to living a bit more simply and helping people out.

My assignment is to teach English at a university. I'll try to regularly log on to this blog to update you friends and family on how I'm doing.

Right now I need to get everything in order for sending off my forms for a new passport and a visa from the Kyrgyz Republic.

I have a new blog that I'm using to try to sell books and furniture. I'll also try to update that blog semi-regularly before I leave and then whenever I have internet access.

It is abiglove.blogspot.com

5 Comments:

Blogger KWK said...

Wow. That sounds incredible. Do they have any marathons there?

May 22, 2008 9:28 am  
Blogger rslight said...

Good luck with your new assignment.
I'm ashamed to say that I don't know where Kyrgyz Republic is located without an Internet search.
I've always been proficient in geography, but it must be some new kind of place.

Hopefully you'll find some opportunity to keep up your running there.
I still hope you'll get fast enough to challenge MS. That may still happen, but I'm sure it's not your biggest priority at the moment.

May 23, 2008 8:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my hero. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures, and your spiritual journey...

May 27, 2008 10:22 am  
Blogger MS said...

I'm just back from a week in China, where for "some reason" none of the blog pages I tried to access would load, so let me add my belated congratulations as well.

I knew both where Kyrgyzstan was and what the capital is, but that's only because I'm a grade a geography nerd.

May 28, 2008 9:51 pm  
Blogger R said...

Good luck with your travels! Be sure to post photos sometimes if you can, too...

June 12, 2008 5:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home