Saturday, May 10

5k

I ran a 5K this morning! It was a bit of an accident. But for a variety of reasons, I woke up at 5 and I didn't want to go back to sleep. I wanted to go running. (I feel a nap coming on.) But seriously, I was thinking about the times when I used to wake up before the breakfast restaurant in my building was open. I'd wave at the cook who was prepping food for the day. And I'd go running 6 miles before anyone started eating - or at least before anyone paid for food.

It seems like the restaurant may have been less busy then.

Anyhow, I only meant to run a couple of miles but I got a bit carried away. I ran past the start of the Kitchen Fun Run that begins in a little over an hour. Then I ran part of the course for the Chris Sifford 5K.

I may register for the Chris Sifford 5K. It's June 28 and it's my standing 5K PR. 23:20.

That's a goal worthy of aiming at.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Evans said...

Register now!!
We want you back.

May 11, 2008 8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home